Ayurvedic Consultations / Nutrition
Ayurveda is the traditional medicine of India, thought by many to be the oldest system of healing in the world. Ayurveda - which literally translates to “the science of life” - puts great emphasis on preventing illness by living well. This science takes the whole person and the whole of their life into account when assessing health and making recommendations. Whether you want to live a healthier life or are struggling with a chronic disease, Ayurveda can support your healing.
For thousands of years Ayurveda was used as a stand alone medical science. Many people today rely on it as their primary health care regimen. Ayurveda can also be used to compliment other therapies such as allopathic medicine or traditional Chinese Medicine.
Our Ayurvedic consultations offer many tools to balance challenges like maintaining healthy digestion and managing the stress and demands of our lives. The tools employed range from diet to herbs and spices, self-care practices, lifestyle, and daily routine.
“I initially met with Kimberly to receive dietary support during a very stressful time in my life. I was unsure at first what an Ayurvedic Consultant was and how she might help me, but within minutes of meeting with Kimberly I could feel her skill in understanding the many layers of what was happening in my life, combined with a profound lack of judgment, and I was instantly at ease. Over an 8-month period, Kimberly helped me to gradually and joyfully make some key dietary and lifestyle changes that greatly improved my health and well-being, changes which are still part of my life two years later! She has a knack for demystifying the ancient (yet still very applicable) science and art of Ayurveda, and taught me to make ghee (clarified butter) and kitchari (a nourishing dal), which have become weekly rituals that I very much enjoy. It is rare to meet someone with her combination of intuition, sensitivity, experience, and knowledge. I highly recommend working with Kimberly.”
-- Corva Rose, Former Client
Learn your dosha now... Download our one-page quiz.
Ayurvedic Health Coach
Our Ayurvedic Health Coach will meet with you online to conduct an assessment, determine your dosha and educate you about the variety of options available to help you meet your goals. Together you will choose the most realistic options to work into your life in a gradual and sustainable way.
Initial Consultation – Our initial meeting includes a thorough intake going over your health history, and discussion of your concerns, goals, habits and tendencies. Up to 90 min $149
Follow-up Visits – Meet to discuss your progress and adjust your personalized plan accordingly. 45-60 min $99
Package discounts: 5-pack: 10% off (or $445.50); 10-pack: 15% off (or $841.50)
- B.A. in Sociology, B.A. in Human Ecology, Rutgers University, 1999
- Ayurvedic Diet and Lifestyle Counselor and Yoga Teacher, Ayurvedic Institute, 2013
- Parayoga Master Trainings, Rod Stryker, 2015
- Ayurveda Self Care Educator Levels 1-3, Ayurvedic Polarity Therapy and Yoga Institute, 2015
- Pratyahara: Turning Awareness Within, Drs. Claudia Welch & Robert Svoboda, 2015
- Ayurveda Mentorship Program, Dr. Claudia Welch, 2015
- Ayurvedic Nutritionist & Digestive Health Coach, Joyful Belly Ayurveda, 2016
- Women’s Health & Hormones I & II, Dr. Claudia Welch, 2019
- Foundations of Ayurveda I & II, Dr. Claudia Welch, 2020
- Ashtanga Hridayam Study, Vaidyagrama, 2020
- Bhagavad Gita Study, Vaidyagrama, 2020