- To prevent colds and mucus buildup boil 1/2 tsp of dried ginger, 1/2 tsp of cinnamon and a pinch of ground clove in 1 cup of water for 5 minutes. Allow to cool and then drink quickly in the morning. This mix of herbs increases heat and circulation in the body so you won't get stuffed up.
- Back bending yoga postures are useful this time of year to keep the lungs clear. The lightness they invoke balances the heaviness of winter.
- Use spices generously in your cooking - as tolerated by your gut.
- Sprinkle fresh black pepper on everything during winter.
- Be sure to eat your greens. Winter is a heavy time of year, the blood thickens, we crave denser meals. Keep it balanced with a serving of green veggies and lots of spice to help you digest richer foods.
- Stay hydrated, drink 8-10 glasses of water each day.
- Boost your immunity with antioxidants such as green tea and citrus fruits such as lemons, limes, and pomegranates.
- Stay stress free. Stress can be a contributor to a weak immune system and getting ill. Limit the stress in your life and practice positive ways to deal with it, such as yoga and mediation.
Winter Immune System Tips
As we continue to count down the days to Spring and warm weather, here are 8 tips to keep the winter colds away and stay healthy until the sun is shining brighter!
Leave a Reply.
Keep coming back for great recipes, tips, and ways to improve mind, body, and soul.